University of Portsmouth Workshop on Funding
The University of Portsmouth invites you to attend an interactive event exploring the wide variety of ways in which your business could access student and academic expertise in consort with a range of collaborative funds. This event will detail the ways in which the University of Portsmouth is ‘open for business’, outlining some of the internal funds available for SMEs to access in order to enable innovation and business development projects, as well as some of the regional and national funding streams which are on the horizon. This event will be the first in a series of sessions through which your business can explore engagement with the UoP student and academic communities, identify the most appropriate funding opportunities for your R&D projects, as well as making connections with key government funding agencies at both regional and national level.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. The Zoom meeting details will be emailed to you before the event.
- 11:00 – Housekeeping by Phil Jewell, SIGHT Business Development and Programme Manager at the University of Portsmouth
- 11:05 – Introduction by Sarah Duckering, Director of Research and Innovation Services at the University of Portsmouth
- 11:10 – Modes of collaboration by Guy Hembury, Deputy Director at the University of Portsmouth’s Research & Innovation Services department
- 11:25 – EMphasis3 and Low Carbon Solent by Matthew Pullinger, Low Carbon Technical Specialist at Greentech South, and Wilson Barlow, Business Innovation Advisor at Greentech South
- 11:35 – SIGHT by Phil Jewell, SIGHT Business Development and Programme Manager at the University of Portsmouth
- 11:45 – Academia by Gordan Blunn, Theme Professor at the University of Portsmouth
- 11:55 – SME perspective by Ian Graney, Director of NTL Biologica
- 12:05 – KTN and Innovate UK Funds and Support by Sally Beken, Knowledge Transfer Manager at the Knowledge Transfer Network
- 12:15 – Solent LEP – Local Funds for Local Business by Jayne Sime, Solent LEP Growth Hub Adviser at Solent LEP Growth Hub
- 12:25 – Q and A
- 12:30/12:45 – Close